Dietetic Management and Supervision
Animators create two- and three-dimensional models, animation, and visual effects for television, movies, video games, and other forms of media.
Multimedia artists and animators often work in a specific medium. Some focus on creating animated movies or video games. Others create visual effects for movies and television shows. Creating computer-generated images (known as CGI) may include taking images of an actor’s movements and then animating them into three-dimensional characters. Other animators design scenery or backgrounds for locations.
Artists and animators can further specialize within these fields. Within animated movies and video games, artists often specialize in characters or in scenery and background design. Video game artists may focus on level design: creating the look, feel, and layout for the levels of a video game. Animators work in teams to develop a movie, a visual effect, or an electronic game. Each animator works on a portion of the project, and then the pieces are put together to create one cohesive animation.
- Artistic talent. Animators and artists should have artistic ability and a good understanding of color, texture, and light. However, they may be able to compensate for artistic shortcomings with better technical skills.
- Communication skills. Multimedia artists and animators need to work as part of a complex team and respond well to criticism and feedback.
- Computer skills. Many multimedia artists and animators use computer programs or write programming code to do most of their work.
- Creativity. Artists and animators must be able to think creatively to develop original ideas and make them come to life.
- Time-management skills. The hours required by most studio and game design companies can be long, particularly when there are tight deadlines. Artists and animators need to be able to manage their time effectively when a deadline approaches.
- Art Directors
- Craft and Fine Artists
- 3D Animators
Employment of multimedia artists and animators is projected to grow 6 percent from 2014 to 2024, about as fast as the average for all occupations.
The average wage and salary earnings of bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks are $36,710 annually or $17.65 per hour.
Location and Hours:
- Robert Morgan Educational Center & Technical College (Certificate – 1050 Hours)