Adult Basic Education (ABE)
Adult Basic Education courses taught in English and are designed to improve the employability of the state’s workforce through instruction in mathematics, reading, language, and workforce readiness skills at grade level equivalency 0.0 to 8.9.
The Adult Basic Education (ABE) Program includes content standards that describe what students should know and be able to do in Mathematics, Language Arts (language, speaking and listening, and writing), and Reading.
ABE is a non-credit course designed to develop literacy skills necessary to be successful workers, citizens, and family members. A student enrolled in the ABE program may be receiving instruction in one or more of the following courses: Mathematics, Language Arts, or Reading.
This program is divided into levels that are reported as student educational gains: Educational Functioning Levels (EFLs) for federal reporting and Literacy Completion Points (LCPs) for state reporting. It is the teacher’s responsibility to decide and inform the student of the criteria for demonstrating proficiency in a benchmark. It is not necessary for a student to master 100% of the benchmark skills to demonstrate proficiency in an anchor standard.
- American Adult Education Center
- Coral Gables Adult Education Center
- D. A. Dorsey Technical College
- The English Center
- Miami Beach Adult & Community Education Center
- Hialeah Adult Education Center
- Hialeah-Miami Lakes Adult Education Center
- Lindsey Hopkins Technical College
- Miami Coral Park Adult Education Center
- Miami Jackson Adult Education Center
- Miami Lakes Educational Center & Technical College
- Miami Palmetto Adult Education Center
- Miami Senior Adult Education Center
- Miami Springs Adult Education Center
- Miami Sunset Adult Education Center
- North Miami Adult Education Center
- Robert Morgan Educational Center & Technical College
- South Dade Technical College
- Southwest Adult Education Center
- William H. Turner Technical Adult Education Center