Digital Media / Multimedia Design Technology
Bring life to the world around you through color and design.
This program provides technical skill proficiency and includes competency-based applied learning that contributes to the academic knowledge, higher-order reasoning and problem-solving skills, work attitudes, general employability skills, technical skills, and occupation-specific skills, and knowledge of all aspects of the Arts A/V Technology and Communication career cluster.
- Create graphics and animation using software and illustrations
- Work with a team of animators and artists to create a movie, game, or visual effect
- Research projects to help create realistic designs or animations
- Develop storyboards that map out key scenes in animations
- Edit animations and effects on the basis of feedback from directors, other animators, game designers, or clients
- Meet with clients, other animators, games designers, directors, and other staff to review deadlines and development time lines
- Art Directors
- Craft and Fine Artists
- 3D Animators
Employment of multimedia artists and animators is projected to grow 10% from 2016 to 2026.
The average wage for this career in Florida is $28.10 hourly or $56,200 annually.
This entire program is 1050 hours. Certain Adult Education Centers do not offer all components of the program. Full completion of the program may be completed at a Technical College. Students can earn a certificate at the completion of the following Occupational Completion Points (OCPs):
|OCP A||Theory and Foundations of Design||150 Hours|
|OCP B||Multimedia Digital/Print Designer||300 Hours|
|OCP C||Multimedia Web Interactive Designer||300 Hours|
|OCP D||Multimedia Integrated Producer Designer||300 Hours|
|Total Hours: 1050|
Location and Course’s Schedule:
This program offers a broad foundation of knowledge in practical experiences in web page design, interactive presentation development, testing, and production. Digital Media / Multimedia Design Technology is available at the following school (s):
|The English Center||Monday - Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.|
Monday - Thursday from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Contact Information at the Location:
Additional information can be provided by student services:
|LOCATION||COUNSELOR / REGISTRAR||PHONE NUMBER|
|The English Center|
|Cecilia Castillo |
Juan R. Gonzalez
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Multimedia Artists and Animators, on the Internet at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/arts-and-design/multimedia-artists-and-animators.htm.