Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ
1. Why choose Miami-Dade Technical Centers?
- Day And Evening Classes
- No Large Loans To Repay
- Financial Aid Available (To those who qualify)
- Low-Cost Tuition
- Certified Instructors
- Accredited By The Council On Occupational Education
- Certification and Licensure Programs
- 7 Locations (Technical Center and Colleges)
2. What do I need to register?
- Two forms of identification; one must be a picture id and the other to establish that you live in the State of Florida.
- Apprentices must coordinate through the local union
3. Are these classes accredited?
- Yes, by the Council on Occupational Education (COE)
4. Where are the schools located?
- Training is provided in 21 locations throughout the county. Click on Locations to find the nearest location.
5. When do classes start?
- View our 2017-2018 School Calendar Adult/Vocational Education
- However, there is open entry for most programs
6. Do I need a high school diploma or GED to register?
- Only certain programs require a high school diploma or GED. Contact the counselor at the school you wish to attend for more information.
- If you do not have a high school diploma we provide classes that will help you get one. We also offer GED prep classes as well.
7. Do you have classes online?
- The only course offered online is the GED preparation in The English Center
- Vocational classes are NOT offered online
- Computer Systems & Info Technology/CISCO, CCNA & CCNP Certificates program is available online
8. What is the age requirement to enroll?
- Minimum of 16 years of age with parent consent, not currently enrolled in high school.
9. How do I register?
- Contact the counselor at the school you choose to attend.
9. What types of programs do you offer?