Adult General Education
- Prior to registering for Adult Basic Education or GED classes, potential students must sit for the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) test.
- Prior to registering for an ESOL or Citizenship class, potential students must sit for the Comprehensive Adult Student Assessment Systems (CASAS) exam.
Career Technical Training
Prior to registering for a technical education course or the GED, each applicant must sit for the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE); however, individuals who hold an Associate’s of Applied Science degree or higher from a recognizable college or University, have shown readiness for public postsecondary education (6A-10.0315, F.A.C.)
- Who sat for the ACT, SAT, PERT, certain high school diplomas, and are active military service, etc, or are in registered apprenticeship programs, are exempt from taking the TABE test in order to enter a technical/vocational training.
- Practical Nursing students are required to pass the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) Test, as well as the TABE and score 10 or above, in order to enroll.
- CDL students must be at least 21 years old, pass the drug test and a DOT physical, in addition, they must possess a valid drivers’ license.