Miami-Dade County Public Schools
Office of Postsecondary Career and Technical Education Money-Back Guarantee
The Money-Back Guarantee Program was created by the Florida Legislature in 2021 with the Reimagining Education and Career Help (REACH) Act. Students who complete a Career and Technical Education program designated for the money-back guarantee and are not employed within six months of graduation are now eligible to request a full refund of their tuition costs. Miami-Dade County Public Schools has designated the following programs for the Money-Back Guarantee:
- Program 1
- Program 2
- Program 3
- Program 4
- Program 5
- Students who receive a job offer in their respective industry within the six-month window after graduation will be considered to have successfully found employment and will no longer be eligible to participate in the Money-Back Guarantee program or request a full refund of their tuition.
- Students must be enrolled in a designated program within a Miami-Dade County Public Schools Technical College or Adult Education Center and must sign an agreement that they understand their rights, obligations, and requirements as described in Section 1011.803, Florida Statutes.
- Students must attend program courses and follow Miami-Dade County Public Schools policies with regards to deadlines for dropping or withdrawing from any or all of their classes.
- Students must complete their program in good academic standing (minimum 2.0 GPA on all CTE Courses).
- Students must meet with a Job Placement Specialist to complete the following activities:
- Resume Building
- Portfolio Development
- Job Search Assessment
- Mock Interviews
- Develop a Career Plan
- Students must successfully complete any internship, clinical, practicum, or work-based learning experience required by their respective program. (not required in all programs)
- Students must provide documentation of job search activities as determined by the institution. (Documentation may include job applications, e-mails, call logs with employers, and other forms of communication.)
- Students must successfully earn any required third-party industry certifications or licenses within three (3) months of completion of the program as a required for employment in the respective industry. (not required in all programs)
- Students must successfully pass any background checks and drug screening as required by prospective employers.