The purpose of this program is to prepare students for employment or advanced training in the building construction industry.
This CPR course teaches lay rescuers how to recognize and treat life threatening emergencies, including cardiac arrest and choking for adult, child, and infant victims. Heartsaver courses are intended for anyone with little or no medical training who needs a course completion card for a job, regulatory (e.g., OSHA), or other requirements. These courses can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
- Give effective breaths by using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant
Location and Hours:
- American Adult Education Center (Certificate – 25 Hours)
- Hialeah Miami Lakes Adult Education Center (Certificate – 25 Hours)