Cost of Attendance
The cost of attendance (COA) is an estimate of the costs of attending a Title IV eligible school. It is the total amount it will cost you to go to the technical college each year. The COA includes tuition and fees, allowances for room and board, books, supplies, transportation, and, if applicable, dependent care. It can also include other expenses like an allowance for the rental or purchase of a personal computer, costs related to a disability, or costs for eligible study-abroad programs.
The following is the 2017 – 2018 Miami-Dade County Public Schools Cost of Attendance Matrix:
|Students Who Own/Rent House/Apartment||Live In Parents Home||Less than ½ Time With Dependent||Less than ½ Time Without Dependent|
Child Care Expenses
- For each category add $1,000 per additional child.
Students who are attending for less than half time
- Students who own/rent a house/apartment would receive a total of $3,193 for years 1, 2 & 3.
- Students who live with parents would receive a total of $1,230 for years 1, 2, and 3.
- No room/board charges would be allowed after year three.
- In-State tuition is based on 900 hours of attendance per year at $2.56 per hour plus applicable fees.
- Out-of-State tuition is based on 900 hours of attendance per year at $10.25 per hour plus applicable fees.
Source: Office of Federal Student Aid, U.S. Department of Education, https://ifap.ed.gov/fsahandbook/attachments/1617FSAHbkVol3Chapter2.pdf