- What year did you attend the Adult Education Program and how long did it take you to complete the course?
I started class in January of 2016. I graduated in December of 2017. It took me nearly 2 years to complete.
- Why did you choose the Adult and Career Technical Education program at Miami-Dade County Public Schools over other educational programs?
I am an artistic person and I wanted to pursue something that had to do with art so that program fit me perfectly.
- What program did you enroll in?
- Do you feel that your time in the program prepared you for the workforce?
Yes, it did. I had 3 different teachers and I was able to learn a lot from each of them on how it is in the field and also how to work different programs of design. I also desire to have my own business in the field so this was really a great choice.
- Do you feel that the training you took opened doors for you in the working field?
Yes, I was already going on interviews and was even able to get a job in the field even before I graduated, with the help of my teachers.
- What did you think of the program’s post-completion results? (Career center, job resources, exam scores, etc).
The results are great. I actually like my job. The staff is very friendly and inviting, I continue to learn every day.
- What impressed you the most about the program?
The creative freedom, also the program is hands on, and I am a hands-on learner.
- Besides the skills needed to work in your chosen field, what positive attributes did you learn while attending classes? (eg: Time management, multi-tasking, etc).
I learned to not take things personally and if someone doesn’t like what I have designed, it doesn’t mean that it was bad, it just didn’t fit them. I also learned that criticism helps you to grow and be better, and also to work as a team.
- What was your learning environment like?
The environment was fun and inviting.
- How would you describe your experience with your teacher?
I’ve had 3 different teachers and they were all great and had a lot to teach me. One of them I went head to head with but in the end, it was for my own good. The teachers were helpful and would be there to assist you if you needed them.