Nutrition and Dietetic Services
Under the supervision of a Clinical Dietitian, the Dietetic Clerk obtains nutritional data via the computer, the medical record, and patient visitation to assist with the nutrition screening of patients and the intro- and inter-departmental communication of the patients’ dietary needs.
Diet clerks are involved in the preparation of safe and nutritious meals for patients/clients in various healthcare facilities. The diet clerk works under the supervision of a registered dietitian in a hospital or nursing home or may work under the direction of a certified dietary manager or dietetic technician. With experience, the dietetic clerk may assume assistant supervisory responsibilities in various units of the nutrition department.
- Prepare dietary information for use by kitchen personnel in preparation of foods for hospital patients.
- Processes new diets and changes as required.
- Assist dietitians with editing patient menus to suit their dietary needs.
- Calculate patient’s intake and documented percentage consumption.
- May answer telephone and intercom calls and relay information to kitchen concerning meal changes, complaints, or patient discharge.
- Dietetic Clerk
Florida Diet Clerk salaries vary greatly from town to town. The average wage for this career in Miami, Florida is $11.95 hourly or $24,866 annually.
The entire program is 150 hours. Certain Adult Education Centers do not offer all components of the program. Full completion of the program may be completed at a Technical College. Students can earn a certificate at the completion of the following Occupational Completion Points (OCPs):
|OCP A||Diet Clerk||300 Hours|
|Total Hours: 300|
Location & Course’s Schedule:
Nutrition and Dietetic Services is available at the following school (s):
|Lindsey Hopkins Technical College||Monday-Friday from 8:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.|
Contact Information at the Location:
Additional information can be provided by student services:
|LOCATION||COUNSELOR / REGISTRAR||PHONE NUMBER|
|Lindsey Hopkins Technical College|